Sunday, December 12, 2021

A Two-Way Street

 


I’m a mature driver with a good driving record, except for a weird accident two years ago. I was out of town, driving on a one-way street. 

Looking ahead, I saw the traffic signal on the right. Thinking I was on a two-way street, I decided to turn left. Oops . . . car on the left! 

I remember the weird sound as my car hit the side of their car. Even weirder was their passenger and I staring at each other for a few feet before I parked on the right and they parked on the left.

I walked over to them and called my insurance agent---a long call. I’m still grateful the college-age driver and her friend were both peaceful and patient. Since the cars were fully functional, we were finally able to go our separate ways.

One-way streets have never been my favorite. I think one reason is that I have rarely lived where I had to deal with them.

For whatever reason, the other day I thought love is a beautiful two-way street. I think there’s nothing better than the feeling of loving and being loved in return.

Is there anyone who has never been afraid of love? Perhaps someone has even tried to encourage you by saying, “Perfect love casts out fear.”

That comes from First John, chapter four, verses seven through nineteen. It’s a special section about God’s love for us, and our love for one another.

If we feel we have to be perfect to win God’s love, we are seeing it as a one-way street.

The truth is that God’s love is a two-way street. No perfection is required, only acceptance of His love. Do yourself a favor and check this out.

You don’t have a Bible? No problem . . . read it on your cell phone. 

My app is YouVersion, but some people use Bible Gateway. It’s nice to have choices!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.