Sunday, March 22, 2020

Pandemic Panic or Peace

PANDEMIC PANIC or PEACE


A Worldwide Challenge
The Corona Virus . . . who in the world is not familiar with it? It's a contagious disease with no antidote. Governments are responding with quarantines and restricted travel, plus closure of restaurants, bars and schools. The economic impact is horrendous.

As a friend and I shopped five stores looking eggs, I saw with my own eyes the results of panic. All five stores were completely out of these items: paper goods, cleaners, canned goods, staples, dairy products and eggs.

Hoarding has become a byword. Think of it as a supply stored up and kept hidden or in reserve. Hoarders are not known for generosity.

As of Now, Required Respite
Personal activity is hindered since government officials have requested no unnecessary travel. There is constant reference to social distancing
People are not to meet in groups of more than ten. Churches are closed, and for me it means no Bible study or Grief Share group till further notice.

I often remain at home two or three days at a time. The difference is knowing I'm free to go out. The pandemic is requiring forced isolation for an unspecified amount of time.

If there was ever a time to be flexible and count my blessings, it's now. Life is always improved with a positive attitude.

A friend called and said she was praying Psalm 91 over me.

The Bible is an Option for Personal Peace
The Psalm is very familiar. I knew a man who lived to a ripe old age who would get up in church and say, "I'm going to share my insurance policy." He would then quote all sixteen verses perfectly! You can look it up for yourself . . . I did.

If you don't have a Bible, use an internet device to download a Bible app, such as the YouVersion in modern English.

Meditation on Psalm 91 brought four questions to mind. The answering verses are beside them:
           1.  What Should I Do?  (Verses 1, 2, 9, 10)
           2.  What Will Be the Answers to My Prayers?  (Verses 5, 6, 7, 8, 13)
           3.  Why Would God Hear My Prayers?  (Verses 14, 15, 16)
           4.  What Will God Do?  (Verses 3, 4, 11, 12, 14, 16)

Be Wise. Take all the healthy precautions to stay well. Then check out Psalm 91 for promises of personal peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.