Sunday, August 6, 2023

God Answers Prayer


I grew up hearing about answers to prayer
. Childhood prayers were unsatisfactory as I grew older, so I learned to pray from my heart. Later on, I also learned to turn scriptures into prayers, which to me was very satisfying.

I just completed a three-day writer's conference. One of our applied learning sessions included five prompts, or sentence starters, which we could use to create a short article. I thought I'd share mine with you:

     My wedding was a special day in my life. I remember it with joy because God answered my prayers for a Christian husband - - - someone who didn't just talk the talk, but walked the walk. God gave us fifty-two years together.
     Fifty of them were full of precious memories, even though our dreams of having a family never came true. The last two years were full of God's new mercies every morning as I became my husband's full-time caregiver.
     Besides physical challenges, he had Aphasia for the last six months. Since actor Bruce Willis has this condition, people are learning more about it. It is not caused by a stroke, but you cannot talk. We became adept at Yes/No questions and answers.
     I'm grateful to God for my Christian husband who walked the walk to the end of his life, even though he couldn't talk. The Bible says to "not be anxious about anything," but to pray about every situation. (Philippians 4:6 NIV) As a caregiver, I did this multiple times a day. 
      If you've ever wondered, does God answer prayer? My answer is yes, He does. This is just one example out of many in my life.

Prayer is talking to God. Be encouraged by these words of David, a man after God's own heart: The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalms 34:18 NIV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.