Sunday, August 13, 2023

A Choice of Bread


Are you a bread person - - - fond of bread?
Though considered the staff of life, I have friends who are “not into” bread, but my close friends know bread is a personal favorite.

My German grandma made many dishes with flour and water, but never baked bread. My English grandma seemed to be into pies, so how I became such a bread lover is a personal mystery.

Bread with the same name may vary in quality. For example, I like Sourdough and have been known to drive a little farther to get a favorite brand. When pressed for time, I shop closer to home. There I can choose from a variety of brands, but I have not found one that compares to my favorite. 

It would be easy to over-indulge in daily bread, but I have learned to set limits. It is more important to have some bread, rather than no bread. We need to find a balance.

Jesus said it this way: Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. (Matthew 4:4 NKJV) The Bible is known as The Word of God. (2 Peter 1:20-21 NKJV)

So how much of His word do you take in, or eat, daily? Some people read full chapters, and some a few verses. Some read a devotional or do a Bible study book. Pick up your favorite Bible, or download a *Bible app, and get started.

The choice is yours. The important thing is that you decide when and how to eat and enjoy your spiritual bread each day.

*A couple of Bible apps people seem to enjoy:  Bible Gateway and/or You Version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.