Sunday, January 1, 2023

And Life Goes On . . .





Happy NEW Year!
As I’m resetting my perpetual calendar, my thought is the same every year: It looks like another long year ahead, but by God’s grace here we go!

From Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day, we have probably been forced out of our everyday routines more than we can remember. Now that it’s over, our daily routines might even look enticing.   

You may remember the cartoons of Old Father Time. He is shown exiting the old year with a long white beard and a tattered look. On the other hand, a smiling happy baby is moving in to take his place for the new year.

No matter who we are, challenges are a part of life. A long time ago I heard someone say, “The problem with life is it’s so daily!” They were bored by their daily routines.

I stopped making New Year's resolutions years ago. No matter how good my intentions were, they fell by the wayside because they weren’t really part of me. The real me is shown as I approach my life day after day. Why not make changes or improvements as I go along?

In this season of my life, God’s word opens my day. I have always read my Bible, sometimes at night, sometimes in the morning, sometimes as I arrived early to work, and took time to read before I went in.

Psalm 119 is filled with meditations on the excellence of God’s word. If you are unfamiliar with it, this psalm is divided into small sections. Reading and meditation go hand-in-hand.

Meditation is just a way to mentally “chew things over,” and then “digest them well” by putting them into action in your life.

Become a treasure seeker. Psalm 119:162 says, “I rejoice at your word as one who finds great treasure.” I find treasures in God’s word daily: hope, love, guidance, peace, comfort, and truth.

Treasures await you there, too.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.