Sunday, April 26, 2020

I Miss You


I Miss You!



Even in Sterile Surroundings Life Has Beauty
We’re still socially distanced, thanks to COVID-19. Not only that, we’ve become masked! Am I the only one who never realized how smiles (or lack of them) clarify our communication?


I like the phrase “Bloom Where You’re Planted.” Artist Mary Engelbreit (ME) illustrates this slogan with a pot of colorful flowers.


I think a lot of people are currently blooming right where they’re planted. With quarantines and stay-at-home orders, they are becoming “creative in place.”


Wish You Were Here 
Consider these examples: I’ve seen people, challenged by technology, push forward on the learning curve. Others have found it satisfying to talk on the phone rather than endless texting.


It’s been wonderful to hear about the creative ways people are bearing each other’s burdens (Galatians 6:2).


I’ve had inquiries from caring neighbors, and enjoyed plenty of humorous emails. Laughter is such good medicine.


It’s also hard to miss reports of people’s renewed interest in prayer and Bible teaching.

One of These Days We'll Be Together Again
But---I miss you! It will be great to see you again in person, even if we have to wear masks and keep our distance.


   


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.