Sunday, December 22, 2019

Community Christmas


COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS


Poinsettias are Christmas Beauties
I spent many years, along with my husband, rehearsing choir Christmas productions. They required a lot of energy and commitment from everyone involved.

My husband had many responsibilities besides music, so he just enjoyed our Christmas productions. I, on the other hand, always wanted to explore other events.

No matter where we lived, I pursued Community Christmas.

I’m still reveling in the events I’ve gotten to attend this year:  
·        *A Women’s Christmas Dinner with a pottery demonstration by the speaker
·          *Christmas Indoors and Out, hosted by a church from 4 to 9 p.m.
·          *Christmas Fantasia by a University’s Music Departments
·          *Combined Christmas by a choir, orchestra, bell choir and pipe organ
·          *An Irish Christmas Cantata
·          *A Christmas luncheon hosted by a member of my women’s Bible study group

What makes Christmas for you? 

This poem came from one of those events. May you have a blessed Christmas!

IF YOU LOOK FOR ME AT CHRISTMAS
(I was told it came from the internet, author unknown)

If you look for me at Christmas,
You won’t need a special star.
I’m no longer just in Bethlehem;
I’m right there where you are.

You may not be aware of Me
Amid the celebrations.
You’ll have to look beyond the stores
And all the decorations.

But if you take a moment
From your list of things to do,
And listen to your heart, you’ll find
I’m waiting there for you.

You’re the one I want to be with.
You’re the reason that I came,
And you’ll find Me in the stillness,
As I’m whispering your name.
Love, Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.