Sunday, April 14, 2019

Window Views

WINDOW VIEWS


I was staring out the window in my dining area the other day. It was a tranquil scene with green hills and a sailboat on a small lake in the background.

In the forefront were colorful flowers climbing up a white lattice fence and over an arched gate A dirt path led down to the water.

Here's the catch. Though I have enjoyed this view for several years, my dining area does not have  window. The happy feelings I get come from an oblong painting framed like a window.
Colorful in its own way.

The artist is unknown, but window scenes by well-known artists draw me in, too. If you are with me when I come across art for sale, you will notice I always stop at the window views, patio views or flowers by doorways.

A psychologist could probably explain why. For example, I've heard that if you like trees you like people. Well, I like people alright, but artwork with trees doesn't necessarily hold my interest. There's something intriguing about a painting with more colors.
Flowers add color.

Friends know passion for color shows up in my yard as artificial flowers. We once lived in a condo with a lovely flower box under our wide bedroom window. I filled it with flowers from the hobby store and enjoyed watching them blow in the wind.

In my current home, I can look out my kitchen window onto pots filled with colorful flowers. The wind here is a little stronger, but not to worry. My neighbors always know where to return flowers that have blown away.

Enjoying the great outdoors, whether through a painting, photograph, or real life, I tend to agree with twelve small words: God saw all that He had made, and it was very good (Genesis 1:31).

I'm grateful for window views. Whether indoors or out, creative color and beauty are all around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.