Sunday, April 23, 2023

A Love Worth Having


The Psalms have always been of interest to me.
I’ve read them many times over the years and of course, I have a few favorites. But lately, I’ve been drawn to a phrase repeated in many Psalms. In fact, I decided to study it in detail throughout the whole book.

I haven’t completed my study, but I’ve found so many interesting things that I decided to share a few this week.

My favorite phrase contains three basic words. I’ve already filled several journal pages with references to it. It’s like looking for treasure, so exciting when these three words turn up on the page.

So far, my journal has over sixty entries, and I’m only halfway through the Book of Psalms. I’m challenging myself to share five scriptures about GOD’S STEADFAST LOVE, praying you’ll take time to meditate on their personal meaning for you:


Remember your mercy, O LORD, and your steadfast love,

for they have been from of old. (Psa. 25:6)


All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness,

for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies. (Psa. 25:10)

 

Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love

surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD. (Psa. 32:10)

 

For the word of the LORD is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness . . .

the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD. (Psa. 33:4-5)

 

As for you, O LORD, you will not restrain your mercy from me;

your steadfast love and your faithfulness will ever preserve m. (Psa. 40:11)

 

Once God has spoken; twice have I heard this:

That power belongs to God, and that to you, O LORD, belongs steadfast love.

For you will render to a man according to his work. (Psa. 62:11-12)


I’m currently using the English Standard Bible translation (ESV). But rest assured, no matter which translation you use, the inspiration in God’s word will be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.