Sunday, February 6, 2022

We Live in an Awesome World



Reading is a hobby of mine
. When my brother brings me magazines, one of my favorites is a bimonthly publication by The Archaeological Institute of America. I generally read articles as I enjoy my lunch.

This week I was fascinated by explanations and photos of a *3,500-year-old ritual pool found in northern Italy.

Just imagine a pool roughly 40 feet long, 23 feet wide, and at least 16 feet deep. Now can you picture it constructed of wooden poles and interlocking boards?

The Noceto pool is unique in Italy---it’s unique in the world,” says Zerboni.** “Building such a structure implies very careful planning, coordinating the work of many people, and a very clear architectural plan. We don’t expect to find such majestic structures from prehistory.”

Archeology is just one of many types of study which add color and knowledge to our world. Mankind has learned about his world, creatively made adjustments necessary to live in it more comfortably, and passed on knowledge from generation to generation.

I’m learning to Google my questions, so I typed in a scientific study name list and was rewarded with about 25 main categories and way too many sub-categories to count. The site simply said, “from sources across the web.”

I was familiar with major classes of study such as Biology, Physics, Zoology, Geology, Anthropology, Astronomy, Psychology, and Anatomy. People have earned degrees and spent a lifetime of study and research in many of these.

Lesser known to me, but important in their own right, were Physics, Chemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Bacteriology, Biotechnology, and Embryology.

We live in an awesome world. Can you imagine where we’d be without this information? God even put mankind in charge of the sea, land, and air, so it's no wonder we have pursued knowledge (Genesis Chapter One, Verses 26-28 NIV).

Creation information can be found in Job---Chapters 38 and 39. God begins a conversation by saying, “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?”

What follows are colorful explanations of the sea, sky, wild animals, horses and, birds. Interesting reading. Check it out sometime soon.


*Italian Master Builders, Daniel Weiss, ARCHAEOLOGY, A Publication of the Archaeological Institute of America, November/December 2021, pp. 38-41.

**Quote by Andrea Zerboni, a geoarchaeologist at the University of Milan, p. 38.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you took the time to comment. It's nice to have that connection.